Common HVAC Issues
- Poorly-charged air conditioning system. If an A/C system is not properly charged with refrigerant, it is unable to efficiently remove heat and cool your home.
- The outside fan or unit is not working. The condenser fan located outside your home removes heat from the compressor and keeps refrigerant cool. The condenser fan can stop working due to a faulty capacitor, a bad motor bearing can cause it to overheat, or there may not be power to the system. If it does not run or is not spinning at full capacity, it can cause your compressor to prematurely fail.
- Insufficiently cooled rooms. This can be due to poor duct design, kinked or damaged air ducts, or an air duct leak.
- The A/C unit is not blowing cold air. This can be can be a result of various issues, including the following:
- Lack of power to the system
- Dead thermostat batteries
- A low system charge
- Dirty air filters (Note: Dirty air filters can cause many system malfunctions. Air filters should be changed every month.)
Call us today at (503) 822-3794
Over 13,000 Customers Helped in the Last 5 Years
Our Employees Are Experts Who Care About Each Customer
Providing Service to The Metro Area for Over 30 Years
Things to try and troubleshoot your Heating System:
Make sure your thermostat is set to “heat.” Whether one of the kids were playing with the thermostat, or the button was bumped by accident, you’d be surprised at how often this step isn’t checked!
Check your furnace switch. Most furnace switches look like a normal light switch and should be in the on position. It’s not uncommon for this switch to get bumped when doing some
Check and change your furnace filter. Dirty filters are one of the most common reasons for poor furnace performance. Make sure you’re changing your filter at least every three months for best performance.
Check the circuit breaker. In your home’s circuit breaker panel you’ll find the breaker that controls your furnace. If the switch is in the middle or the off position, you’ll need to cycle the breaker by moving the switch to the off and and then to the on position.
“The technician that came to my house was very professional and polite. I will recommend this company to anyone who needs there furnace fixed. Great staff and company.”